ESSENTIAL INFO SHEETS
Download all the essential info you need for the weekend in our handy little pdf’s below:
- General Essential Info Sheet
- Camping Essential Info Sheet
- Port City Lounge (VIP) Essential Info Sheet
DATES & TIMES
The annual North West Festival will be held from Friday, 19th August to Sunday, 21st August 2016 which includes the North West Weekender and Sundowner. The Festival will take place at the following venues:
Friday and Saturday – Port Hedland Turf Club
Sunday – Port Hedland Yacht Club
The Weekender’s key times are below:
Friday 19th August
3.00pm Camping and parking gates open (please do not arrive earlier or your will be turned away)
5.00pm Festival gates open, bars open
5.30pm Music Starts
11.50pm Bars close, Music finishes (low key activities for campers continue in the food stall area)
Saturday 20th August
7.00am Town shuttle buses commence for campers
9.00am Parking gates open (please do not arrive earlier or you will be turned away)
4.00pm Festival gates open, bars open
4.20pm Music starts
11.45pm Bars close, Music finishes (low key activities for campers continue in the food stall area)
For Sundowner key times please follow the link here.
We play rain or shine so if it’s looking like it is going to rain, please bring some wet weather gear (note that umbrellas, including small, fold up umbrellas are not permitted). Cancellations due to weather will occur only in the event of dangerous conditions and will be at Sunset Events’ sole discretion.
Due to Western Australian liquor licensing restrictions, there are NO PASSOUTS permitted from the festival (ie. you can’t exit and re-enter), so please make sure that you bring in everything you need for the day.
Campers are NOT permitted to move between the campgrounds and the festival during the festival hours (4.00pm – midnight on Friday 19th August and 3.00pm – midnight on Saturday 20th August). No alcohol can be taken back to the campgrounds at any point.
For more information regarding passouts email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (08) 9336 2837.
FOOD & MARKET STALLS
We can’t wait to dig into some of the amazing food we’ll have at this North West Festival including Crepes, Kamals Quarter, Margaret River Burger Co, Ragin Cajun and The Esplanade all providing tasty meals to fill your stomachs! On the menu is a smorgasbord of cuisines from paella, burgers, pulled pork, sweet and savory crepes plus a whole lot of healthy stuff!
Show your love for the makers of fashion, jewellery, design, art, homewares, beauty and textiles who will be showcasing their wares at this coming North West Festival! Shop local from Astala, Mama Tree, HARTZ and Lunarsea and find a unique gift for someone you love…or treat yo’ self!
OTHER FOOD & DRINK
The festival is strictly non-BYO alcohol. Sealed plastic water or soft drink bottles/cans will be permitted in to the festival. No glass bottles or containers please. All bags will be searched on entry by our friendly security staff.
NO eskys permitted into the festival. They are permitted in the campgrounds though.
Free tap water will be available inside the festival from water stations and bars (this is in addition to bottled water sold throughout the venue).
You can bring your own food to the festival (no glass containers please), however there will be a great range of food available for purchase from a diverse selection of food stalls.
WHAT TO BRING
Bring with you…
- Your tickets.
- Valid photo ID. The only forms of photo ID that will be accepted are current Australian driver’s license, current passport, current Australian Proof of Age Card or Photo Card. International driver’s licenses are not valid forms of ID under Western Australian liquor licensing laws and will not be accepted.
- Enough cash to get you through the day.
- Protection from the sun (hat, sunscreen).
- If it looks like it’s going to rain, appropriate clothing (note: umbrellas, including small, fold-up umbrellas are not permitted inside the festival).
- Some warm clothing as it will probably be chilly after dark.
- Comfy enclosed shoes (thongs are great, but you may want to give your feet a break).
- Food is ok (but only in bags, not in eskis).
- Sealed plastic water or soft drink bottles/ cans will be permitted into the festival. You will not be able to bring unsealed plastic bottles into the festival.
- A good festival vibe.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
Leave at home…
- Alcohol or any illicit substances.
- Dangerous and, quite frankly, uncool behaviour like moshing, climbing, crowd surfing or stage diving. Don’t risk being ejected from the festival.
- Any unsealed drink containers.
- Glass vessels or bottles (perfume is ok).
- Chairs, crates, umbrellas (including small, fold-up umbrellas), and eskys.
- Cooking equipment, BBQ’s, flares, sparklers – nothing flammable.
- Sharp metal cutlery – butter knives and the like are cool.
- Anything that may be used as a weapon.
- Outlaw motorcycle gang clothing bearing patches, colours and insignias.
- Professional photography, video equipment and tape recorders are not allowed (i.e. any detachable lens, camera stands or any lens over 20cm). Small sized digital devices such as your phone camera, or digital camera are permitted.
- Animals (guide dogs are permitted).